Monday, March 1, 2010

Got one fish done and started the next one. Am finally finding what I like to use in the fringes. I use the little alabaster beads as 'bubbles' when there is a loop by the mouth, and under the belly I was going for 'fins' and something that would not compete with the tail. Still I think a green strand or two would be good there. I am not happy with the shape where the area before the tail begins. Somehow here I accentuated it by changing from 8s to 11s right at the dip. It did work to close up the rows with smaller beads but the end result was this abrupt change.
I had been unhappy with these lures because they have huge plastic 'lips' on them. I cut them off but the cut was rough and tough. I found I could use the tip on my thread cutter to melt away the plastic and it does not look so outstanding. Otherwise I would have wasted about $30 worth of lures.


I really should be spending my time looking up the beads used in my entries in the Fire Mountain contest but I hate to do this so much that I put it off. . . Would much rather bead! Have about 1/2 of them done but then need to type them all into the computer or write up nicely.

Also I need to put price tags on the pieces for the "Flower Power" show in Point Arena in less than two weeks. I did get the new net done and this one looks great. It has just 1000 yards of fish line in it. Have it pinned to the studio wall but the white on white will not show in a photo. But that is the idea! The beads hung on the net seem to be 'floating' and is just what I wanted. Need to put the price tags on the items before I hang them. Then you get a photo!