Monday, March 15, 2010


I do not plan to make matched sets, though I know some people really like them, but here are all the stones in this color from Kirby. I used up every one of them. I love these berry-like chips and the greens and coral colors are very interesting. I told myself not to make another lariat necklace in this style so I am hoping that this is my last one. However, if I got more of these stones (unakite?) I would be tempted to repeat myself! Oh yes, those are bronze iris 15s with gold 11s in the center. They add to the refined look with the berry shaped stones.
Yesterday, to recover from clean-up at the gallery in Point Arena I started a long necklace with leopard skin jasper and some Delicas I mis-ordered and have about 1 1/2 ton left over. Am not real thrilled with the sharp edge of the metallic Delicas but the colors are nice. At first I started the necklace with moss agate but the colors would not settle down and go together so I abandoned it and found the jasper, again from Kirby. Hope to have it to show to you tomorrow. The sun is shining and I really should clean up the studio and put away things from the show.