Friday, February 26, 2010

This must have been my day to finish projects. Am considering these necklaces for the two fish lures. As you see, my mind is not totally made up whether this is the best I can do. Thus the crimps stay uncrimped and wires are unclipped. This was the second one I did and the evenness of the other one 'bothered' me but still I felt it was right to make it a circle. The one above is done with shell 'chips' - actually lovely squares of shells, and the Czech-made alabaster beads from Rhoda.


I was pleased that the fish spines - real! - fit in here. The alabaster beads were actually too small to keep the spaces between the vertebrae open so I put in some 8s to make them pop up. At the top I used silver balls between the alabaster.


Also was able to finish the flower power band. I was afraid to squish it into the scanner and thought that it might not show up well, but it worked much better than I had hoped. Those flowers that look black are actually beads with dark blue insides and red transparent over them. A lovely bead that Bambi had given me. Slightly smaller than 11s but they work up beautifully. I wish they showed up as marvelous as they are. Here you can see the green stone leaves. Am thinking how to use them in other things. Nicely made and easy to attach with good holes.