I had been putting off starting on the butterfly because I knew this animal /bug was going to take some time. Having found out how great 8s work on the underside of the turtle, I think I can get the bling I want on the undersides of the butterfly the same way. This idea gave me the impetus to pick it up as the next project. I am pleased with how the transparent yellow look on top of that hot pink. What you cannot see here is the underside of the body which I was able to complete last night. The angle of this photo is all wrong. The butterfly needs to fly!
Thursday, September 6, 2012
The turtle helped me finish it off last night. Thank goodness the stone chips made the shell hump up the way I had the finished piece in my mind. I was worried that the droop in the original shell would not pop into shape, but it did. I love the green beads here so I just ordered a pound of them. I finally figured out how to manage the favorites list on Fire Mountain. Maybe with my next order I will be unable to confuse Vicki so much.
Posted by Jane Reichhold at 10:28 AM