Thursday, August 2, 2012

TA-DAH! Steampunk Pussy! A beaded cat with attitude that is beyond cattitude. I did not intend it so, but this is, with the missing tooth, a self portrait. I achieved with this one that which I have been aiming for in all time of doing these beanie babies. The addition of the metal parts was the secret, I now know. Then yesterday I discovered I could not find my stash of brass stampings when I began to plan the next animal. Either they are still buried in the pile of stuff left over from the vacation with B. or somehow she got my whole basketful. Never one to let that stop me, I gave Brenda Sue a new order which is now on its way to me. Enjoy the bunch B!
Now on to a project I started long ago and never finished. In the biggest art show on our coast - Art in the Redwood, the third weekend in August- there has never been a category for beaded works. We have had to enter our works as Jewelry and ornamentation - where the gold and silver jewelers were always the winners, or in Sculpture where the bronze monoliths could beat us to bits or as Glass where the big stained glass window out shown us. So this year, Sus said we could have as a trial, a category just for beads. Gualala Arts always gives handmade ribbons and I have an idea for the ribbon to be awarded to the beads winner. Now to see if I can sew what is in my mind. . .