Saturday, June 16, 2012

This is Glory, the beanie bear created to celebrate the Statue of Liberty and American holidays. There was a series of collectible bears for different countries. I also have one for Ireland, Canada and England.
I love how he peeks out over his squashed nose here. I did not realize it at the time, but I picked him out on Flag Day - June 14th. I was not sure how to handle the stars but wanted to use clear AB 11s. They do a marvelous job of turning those stars into small blurry color bursts. It is sort of the way the fireworks in Point Arena look on a foggy evening.


Here you can see how those stars look shining through the clear beads.
After I got this far I realized I did not have enough 11s to do the whole bear (he is about 5 1/2 inches tall). So I am using the 11s on the under arms and back and will then switch to 15s for the front side. I definitely want to use the 15s on the ears and face. Or if that doesn't look right I will wait a week for the FM order. I could go back to the pelican in the meantime.