Monday, June 4, 2012

I ran out of thread on the needle just as the clock ended my night. I got this close to finishing the frog before I had to quit to go to bed. Doing the face in beads made such a difference. The eyes were made with the yellow fabric but I decided to put transparent white beads over the color and I like how it turned out.
I love this little guy. Isn't that pleading look touching. It takes on more appeal when you see the needle stuck in his tummy! If I do him again I will not use 15s on his feet. Way too much time got sucked up there. His feet could have / should have been made smaller but perhaps they had to be this large for ease of sewing. I also want to try putting patterns or designs on him instead of following nature's coloring. Am eager to do another frog. The box with more animals came from Ebay so now I have duplicates. Richer and richer. . . and it is only Monday!