Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Got this far on the pelican and I am making his feathers brown instead of the blue as you can see how the Ty Co. made the body. I was pleased to discover a new way of making eyes - putting an 11 between two black 8s. Very happy with this method. The wine glass was sitting on the photo stand from yesterday's attempt to photograph the white bear on glass risers. Without the wings to stabilize it, and the feet flattened the heavy neck beak pulls the animal over. I wanted you to see the eyes so the glass came in very handy. You can see how I tape down wings and feet to keep the thread from tangling in them. Also notice how neat the beak is done. I am pleased with that. In order to avoid lines in the neck (either rings or horizontal) I am covering the body with the picots (except for the section on the face where I wanted the same stitch as is on the beak). I think they will be good for strengthening the neck so it is well supported. Again, the charm of this animal makes me feel happy while I work on him.
In the afternoon the steepness of the angle of the sun gives me almost nothing to work with. So I tried raising the bear up on glasses. This worked for the pelican today but the bear photos are not right. I am thinking I may have to redo his eyes. If I shoot from down too low, one misses the face features. . .