Thursday, June 14, 2012

I got this close to finishing this one last night. You will not have to look at it again when I do finish it. I promise. I do not think I really like the effect of the grass, but I do like the wavy movement one gets by the lateral beading. I have the pelican lying on my table waiting to jump up on the bead tray. In the original its body is a medium blue grey. We have brown pelicans nesting on the big rock just south of our house. Question is: do I bead the plain color or make the pelican bird colors true? I really want to do a bear with the Indian custom of showing the insides of the bear. Good grief. Here I am before more decisions. . .
I got a concerned call from one of my daughters (Thanks B.!) that we were eating McDonald's happy meals to get these toys! So for the record: no hamburgers were harmed for this project.