Monday, May 10, 2010


Finally had the time, between long Mother's Day calls, to get started on the bead pillar for this spot. I had made up about 8-9 sample 'strings' and let the customers pick the colors and beads they liked the best. They picked one with a large crystal prism because it caught the light the most. When I ordered more the new ones were so much better quality than the sample. How often does that happen? They were clearer and much better faceted so I was really inspired to stick with the job of stringing 16 strands of 11s.
If you look closely you can see that the owners had already put up a crystal ball, feeling that crystals needed to be in this corner. Now that I have finally gotten around to doing this, I am eager to see the final piece. Several more days of bead stringing to enjoy before I get to that point though.