Thursday, April 1, 2010


See! my fishing lures are luring in the fish! Point your mouse in the pond and watch the fish come up to feed. Click and you drop food into the water for them. April Fool! those are not real fish but a Google gadget.
My second April Fool joke would be to say that I am done with the fish! Not so! More ideas than ever for them. Thus, last night I was inspired to try to duplicat the example in the magazine. This was a small one, about 2 inches long, so I used Delicas. I have been buying the hex cut and am really happy with the sparkle and shine. As you can see, I used the brick stitch, often adding two beads at a time to get a larger pattern. Have a larger fish lure covered and ready to bead on tonight.
Did finish the second fish I showed you yesterday but was too tired last night to start the big necklace. Today I have to go to Point Arena to set up my part of the Easter Gift Show, tomorrow I have to bake brownies and go to the opening (am planning to wear one of the new big necklaces - really need a name for them) and then on Sunday I have the 12 - 4 shift at the gallery and take down. I doubt I will get to beading on Saturday. Am hoping that 'not being able to bead' on the necklace will add to the energy I can put into / on it when I get around to doing it. Everything is laid out in a tray on the floor.
Had a thrill yesterday at the grocery store in Gualala. While buzzing past the magazine stand two bead magazines caught my eye. I picked up Beadwork and flipped it over and there was my "To Jane From Tarzan" necklace pictured on the back cover in the Fire Mountain ad. If I call myself a cover girl do I need to designate that it was the 'back' cover? Anyhow I was thrilled and embarrassed Werner by pointing out my work to the cashier while the boy-bagger acted as if he did not know any of us!