Wednesday, April 28, 2010


Google's blogspot keeps me more honest than a paper journal. On the weekend I had a lovely bead experience I had forgotten to record. So here it is, a few days late and out of order.

On Saturday, because Cloud Fire was playing at the Annapolis Winery and because we used to make pilgrimages up there every April to see the apple blossoms, we made the windy trip up to the top of the ridge. The weather was beautiful, the blossoms at their peak, the music was exactly what we like (gentle jazz-like riffs over Middle Eastern rhythms). So many friends and acquaintances were there. Werner said the wine was excellent as well as the cheese.
I met Huldy and Yavonne (both jewelry makers) and we were laughing about how little jewelry we were wearing! I had even forgotten earrings! However, later, while wearing my straw hat I heard a woman's voice exclaiming over the beaded flowers on it. I had forgotten that I had, some time ago, clipped a barrette with three flower pins on the band. She asked to see the flowers up close so I took them off the hat and on a whim, just gave them to her. She was so astounded that someone would just give her something she admired. That was my joy!