Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Easter Gift Show in Point Arena took a huge bite out of my weekend. Thursday went for set up (I added two display trays more), Friday with the opening ( I took brownies in an Easter basket and had gobs of fun wearing one of the "all" necklaces), and then Sunday with take down (which got messy when I lowered the net with all the beads on it without the big sheet). Monday went to untangling the mess which looked like something found at the high tide mark. Everyone said it was a great show and Ling-Yen was very happy with the sales.




On Saturday, however, I had enough energy and creative spirit to make this, the pink/red of the "All" series. I think the excitement caused by the exclamations of joy the others had for the blue "All" necklace gave me the courage and enthusiasm to pick up the trays of beads and do this one. It is the most complicated one yet. If you look closely you can see that the two focal points are the embellished fishing lures. Had made a third one but at the last moment thought it was 'too much' and overloaded the necklace.

Monday it rained all day and I had gobs of stuff to put away but today the sun came out and I was able to photograph outdoors. I used the backside of an old hand-sewn quilt as background. I was worried the pattern would be too showy, but now feel it was better than toweling or sheets. If I have more energy tomorrow I may try it again on silk. Need to look at the printouts with my feet higher than my head to really decide what to do.