Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My beading tide has turned. Suddenly every thing I try works! I even got the crochet thing to work. My problem was, I think, I was using too big of a hook. Somehow, even when I had put every thing into a sack to forget it, my mind kept working on why too much thread was showing. At some poem the light went on and I realized big hooks bring up too much thread. How about a tiny hook? Also when I started this I had picked up the smallest hook and then when I added more thread and beads, I picked up the larger one. At the top you can see a couple of rows done with the fat hook.
You can also see I need more practice with how to finish off the end! Need to buy a new crochet hook. My smallest one is bent and roughened up from crocheting something not meant to be used for this - maybe wires?
I felt yesterday's bracelet got too heavy with all those leaves so I tried putting them on just one side. I loved the corkscrew look and all of a sudden got the idea of adding this to the "Scrotum Series." Everything worked because I had done so many of them I had all the techniques down perfect and I had all the bits and pieces I needed. I really enjoyed doing these. I found my hands are comfortable sewing beads but bead crochet, at least now, is so hard on my hands.