Monday, July 16, 2012



The only part not done on the blue day are his feet which are hidden in the angle of this photo. There is a spot on the beak also not done. I wanted to let that wait until I put in the eyes - at the very end. Somehow it bothers me to be stabbing a 4 inch needle through something with eyes. Again attaching beads to one of these animals stabilizes them so they sit up and are fairly stable. Near the end I got impatient with myself for so closely following the original colors and promised myself that the next one will get wilder beading. I can see it so clearly in my mind. . .
When Vicki tried to send in my bead order she found the pound sacks of the orange I needed for the orangutan were on back order. At first I was very relaxed about the setback but the longer I thought about it, the more determined I became to find the few beads I need to finish the project. Then it hit me! Maybe Fire Mountain is out of the pound bags but do they have the little boxes of the color? They did! The order is on its way.
I am at cross roads. Do I start another animal or make jewelry again? I suspect B. will have a large part in the decision. They arrive tomorrow.