Saturday, February 21, 2015

The turtle family grew as the day progressed. Actually there were two more than are shown here by sunset. I got too tired to make the face right on the last one so did not take a new photo. I much prefer the sage green I had (a whole cone full) to the bright green. I  had wanted to make a frog from the Hello Dolly book but felt my sage green was not bright enough and that I should get a lime green for the frog. Suddenly the sage green is looking good to me.
I also like the golden shells even though that yarn is roving and rather thick. I only have a tiny roll of it left from the hat, so maybe it is good to give it to the turtles. I love the high humped shell shape but it is not very realistic. . . On YouTube I found a tutorial of a turtle with a highly decorated shell in turquoise, orange, reds, yellows purples but it had the same shape. Hm. . .