Wednesday, February 11, 2015

I had these two cones of variegated Sugar N' Cream cotton yarns and some scraps from other multi-colored balls. I often felt slightly guilty for buying these simply because I loved the colors and combinations. For some reason I found them hard to use unless they became potholders. While stumbling around on YouTube I found several patterns for granny squares for afghans. Ah, the variegated yarn would be perfect! So the past two days, in off moments, I have been doing these squares. I think I will have enough for a whole blanket but I am tempted to get some other colors! I am pressing down those thoughts and making myself use up what I have.  I do have a cone of white (it is so cheap) so am thinking of adding some all-white squares to the mix to quiet things down. . .