Thursday, May 30, 2013

Finished the dachshund last night. You will notice he is even wearing dog tags! I had thought of making him a red beaded leather-like collar but decided on a chain. Then I found this ball chain as is used in the military for idenification tags.
Afterwards I started on the beaver - Point Arena is the only home of the Mountain Beaver which is on the endangered species list - and started using these same golden beads on the cream chest. I was amazed how much better the color of the beads is with a light background. Will show you tomorrow.
While deciding whether to do a white cat or the beaver I was surprised how small the miniature animals are compared to the full sized ones. I had the feeling I could do one of the little ones in a couple of days since I have done the big ones in the same amount of time. The difference is the bead size.