Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Last night, after finishing the fish lure thingie, I did not know what to do next. We had gone to Manchester and to my dismay all the fishing lures, all four kinds, were made of that soft squishy plastic like those cheap toys. Nothing I could use. Marianne found her lures online, from areas that have lake and stream fishing probably, and I will have to go there.
Anyhow, at lose ends I started a daisy chain because there some nice pearlized 11s that had fallen out of my new method of organizing beads - also a creative technique!
Anyhow, while boring myself with the daisies, Judy called to ask how to increase with the peyote stitch. I had an idea of how it was done, but she wanted to increase at the edge. I looked in several books and ended up finding the info I needed in the back of BeadWork in that handy appendix of how-tos. So after I gave her what help I could we started to chat and somehow we got on the subject of wind chimes and she said, "Wouldn't they make great earrings?" So I launched into this!
I used a lacy bead cap as the top of the wind chime and suspended bugles as chimes. Unfortunately they are glass and not metal so they sort of clitter instead of having tones. The wind catchers were some brass heishi and my favorite crystals.
The earring to the right flipped up so you can see the underside of the bead cap and the ball I used as stopper for the clapper.



See, I did finish the fish I showed you yesterday. I was particularly happy with this tail! The bugles have the feeling of the 'ribs' in the tail of a fish. I mixed silver twisted ones with clear iridescent tubes. In the string of cats eye that I used on the body, they had included two tiny stars, so I saved them out for the tail. Need more lures! Off to search the net - the obvious place to find a fishing lure!