Monday, April 22, 2013

The photo of Claude the Crab below was that I sent in the application to LPCH. I really regretted not having the back legs done but I got tired and could not continue doing them. After a few days of thinking  I found a better way of starting the rows - on the outside seam of the leg. Last night I got them finished and here is how the animal looks today.

As I see it now I get the creeps! it feels like a tarantula crawling over my bead tray. I did not realize how lucky I was that I could not finish this in time to submit this photo. I still have to sew down the eyes completely, add some antennae. Maybe a shot straight in the face will minimize the spidery feel. In real life crabs do look like water spiders which could explain why I have never eaten crab or lobster.

Just for the record, here is a photo of the underside of the Manta Ray - also not the image of a cuddly creature.