Monday, April 1, 2013

Got very little done on this lizard over the weekend. I was unhappy with the size of the feet. The larger beads add so much to the size of the beast. they seem much too big for the animal. So I am putting him aside for a bit.
The other day Rhoda sent me a call to artists for the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital in Palo Alto that wanted small works of art for a coastal scene. At first, I thought "no way!" knowing how much work entering such a competition is, but the longer I thought about it, the more it seemed my beaded animals might fit in. So here I am chasing rainbows again. It did get me to unearth the teenie beanie baby lobsters that I had dumped in with animals I did not ever want to bead because they were so big! To my surprise I am really enjoying sewing red beads instead of green ones. I have several lobsters so I started one with 8s on the underside. Even they look good, but I will not have enough for even one animal. So even though yesterday was the last day to order I made up my list at Fire Mountain with the hope Vicki gets it in time.