Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Trying to duplicate my inspiration from the work I found in Etsy yesterday I discoved that if the donut is too big the bail gets really, really BIG. So I made this take off on the idea. I made a modified diamond shape where the two small ends meet in the middle of the donut. It looked rather bare so I embellished it. Then seeing what I had used in the embellishment, I went on to make a spiral chain to match.

I was surprised how together the necklace felt even though there was no planning or fore-thought - I just followed my feelings of what the piece needed. To have it turn out so well was a huge boost to my self-esteem. I especially appreciated that since a member of the bead group talking to me on the phone, expressed an opinion that left me speechless (at the time). She was talking about an upcoming show and said, "but this does involve you as your beadwork is of such inferior quality." Two days later and I still have not formulated an adequate reply - except to make this necklace!