Tuesday, June 29, 2010




Rhoda wrote to me about Happy Mango's Fourth of July Bead contest (happymangobeads.com) and I had the top two items already done in red/white/blue but when I sat down to bead other things started happening.
When I cut apart the AB blue rivoli I showed you in the turqoise sparkly wheel yesterday I suddenly realized that it would look better in blue bicones so I did that. As I looked at it it in my hand it began to look like a small exploding fire cracker that was flashing lights in the night sky. A firecracker, the work needed a firecracker. From the work on the 'scotum series' I already knew how to make the tube. Then the lacing for the neck, what to do? Stars! The night sky had to have stars. Which stitch to do? My current favorite is the spiral chain stitch. Perfect! I could use the stars between the loops of blue.
The jury (Rhoda) is still out. I can only send one entry so I have asked her to pick the best one. If she goes with the necklace I will re-photograph it on a form and not use this crooked scan. I have until the end of the 4th. Maybe you too would like to enter the contest? A 1 lb bag of beads is up for grabs!