Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I took the afternoon off - my whole summer vacation - to read the book, Bijoux by Meredith Rich. It is the story of a jewelry designer in New York who studies in Pfortzheim and Rastatt, Germany where both Werner and I have had shows. That felt good to read!
The parts about how she establishes stores for her designs was also interesting as that is what I would be doing if I were 40 years younger. As it is, I am thinking of making a web site of my beaded works.
I nixed the stuff on Etsy. That was not working for me and I had no great ideas on what to do that would attract attention out of that mass of offerings.
In the evening I did go back to stitching up strips. Sometimes I look at the work hanging there in the corner of the living room and wonder why I am doing this. It has no earthly purpose and probably will never sell, and yet it excites me and fills me with determination to finish it even when the phases I am now in are rather boring.