Friday, June 25, 2010


The green bracelet is done in the stitch I learned from Sue at the bead meeting on Saturday - a peyote with two delicas laid between small iris cut bugles. She was using square beads (which I have more of but cannot find!) so I switched to the the tiny bugles and really liked them because no so much thread shows between them and the delicas. The bracelet is very flexible and feels great but I was bothered by the flat edge. By coloring the thread with ink pens it can be okay but I still feel the bracelet needs more - some kind of embellishing. That may still happen if inspiration hits.
In the meantime I tried doing the same stitch vertically. The edge is much more interesting but the bracelet is much stiffer. It does bend to the wrist but acts more like a cuff. I set the bar for the toggle clasp back up the bracelet so when it is closed the two edges come together so the clasp lays on a field of blue. Looks better than it does here!
Werner brought home a copy of BeadWork he bought at the grocery store and I started to try one of the beaded projects in it. Did two samples and still need to make adjustments for variations in bead sizes. Love the idea.