Monday, June 21, 2010


One of the persons also not making doll faces was Sue who had learned this new stitch during her stop at Legendary Beads in Santa Rosa on her way home for the class she taught on embellishing fish lures.

She kindly offered me a copy of the instructions, which I thought I did not need until I got the bracelet done and did not know how to finish the sides. Being a peyote 2-bead up the outer edges are raw. On the wide one I tried sewing down more 11s along the edge to cover the holes and threads and with the narrower one (below) I used a three-bead picot. It is interesting to see how the 11 bead color changes from being within the pattern and off the edges (top one).

Thanks Sue for the new idea and the return of my fish. One of the drop in visitors bought one and is coming by this week for another one. Our 'show 'n tell' table very often brings sales as people visiting the arts center see our open door and stop by.

Sus, the Executive Director, invited the group to have a table for sales at the Big Car Event on July 17. Already he has over 80 special cars register to be shown. The crafty among us is thinking men, cars, jewelry. . .