Monday, July 26, 2010

Mike, remember the big flower I had totally messed up? I tried it again and this time (thanks to the good advice about how to gently roll the cane) got the flower to show up right. Today I am thinking of cutting away the white before I cut my slice. If I did this again I would use blue to fill between the petals. It might look more like a morning glory!

And I also tried the rose again. Mine is not quite as good as yours because I did not have the transparent so I tried to define the petals with two shades of pink. But I felt I was able to remember and follow your instructions and my flowers are rose-like enough to keep me happy. You cannot see the 'vines' but I tried that also, again lacking the transparent, got my own results. But I found a way to make them really tiny by using one finger against the plate with small pieces.
I was going for leaves with 'veins' with the lines but that ended up looking more like grass so I accepted what I got.
I found it worked to put the flowers on the wooden beads without covering them up completely. I liked the warm color of the wood (here it looks as if they are golden). The polyclay seems to stick well and I have had no trouble with any chipping or the design falling off - so far. Thanks again Mike for a great demonstration!