Thursday, March 14, 2013

There were moments when I thought I would get this done before the light faded for the day but a long telephone conversation put an end to that idea. So before the sunlight slide into the sea I got this photo of the butterfly. In a way it highlights the difference between the beaded wing and the original. Also it shows how much larger the beaded parts become. In the evening I was able to finish the butterfly. In order to not have to get out of my chair, I started on a snake that was lying on the table. I want to use the silver sequins on it. I started with a sparkly blue underbelly. Just looked up sequins and found this on Wikipedia: "Evidence exists that gold sequins were being used as decoration on clothing or paraphernalia in the Indus Valley as early as 2500BC, during the Kot Diji phase." Originally coins were used to spangle the light. Plastic money comes to us today as sequins. Now there is a thought to brighten your day.