Thursday, January 31, 2013

You can see by the deep golden light that I finished the lion at the last possible sunshine moment. The way he stands on his toes makes him look as if he is ready to spring. I love that! Again I did the undersides first and that makes it so much easier to work in the tight places under legs and chin. It seems to also gives a lift to the chin that was missing in the previous version.
I will have a brand new animal for you tomorrow! I happened on an auction on Ebay that was selling Teenie Beanie Babies from 2009. There are over twenty of them. Many are smaller and the cats and dogs are made in a sitting position which is much more attractive than the normal sprawled position of the legged animals in 1996 - 1999. All were in bags and in premo condition so I was very happy with my win even though I paid about $1.25 for each animal instead of the 30 - 50 cents I normally pay