Saturday, October 26, 2013

Since I have been a bit under the weather recently, sewing beads on these little coin purses made in Guatemala have been undemanding work. All one has to do is make a cross stitch with a bead in it and if one looks closely you can see that I was not even able to do that! I was surprised how many beads such a little project took! You can see where I ran out of the green and substituted 6s instead of 8s. Perhaps I will get more creative as I go along and keep running out of beads. As I was looking closely at some of the other purses (I got 5) I can see where the original maker ran out of thread and substituted a near-matching color. That gives me encouragement to go on with these. I also think that I need to make the pattern bend to my will instead of trying to follow the yarn stitches.