Sunday, January 24, 2010

Finally found the way I like the tubes used the best! Had made this tube of the spiral stitch that I enjoy doing so much and suddenly this came together. I had bought these recycled glass balls last year from Musa and never could find a place for them in any of the necklaces made by stringing because they are fairly heavy. But here they are perfect!
A couple of years ago I bought a whole spool of the clear rubber tubing, and the spring ends, but just never found the need for that kind of a necklace. Here I love the way the 'string' drops away in importance and all you see is the narrow element. Feel the design also looks like two eyes and a long nose and this makes people look at it trying to construct a face.


I tore apart the necklace I showed you yesterday, with the five green tubes, and took out the hooks and replaced them with the eyeglass holder connectors so I get a little silver ball with a loop and the elastic is easy to sew into the top of the tube. Had a bunch of small wooden beads Heidi had used as ties on her Christmas packages many years ago that work perfectly around the loop as it goes over the rubber tubing. Some months ago I had gotten silver plated balls from Oriental Trading Company. I thought they were too big but here they perfectly pass over the tubing and hold the balls in place. They also make a repeat of the silver ball on top of the tube. Am eager to show these off to someone and here you are!