Friday, January 29, 2010

Am still working on photos for the work for Etsy. Have decided to focus on the lizard collection at first. Finally am able to get the camera to see what I want to show. It is so hard to compose a photo in a square. It is against all my ideas and training in composition, but I see how Etsy chops the photos automatically into squares even if it means losing vital information. Now to get the rest of the information right and up on the site. Wish it was as easy and (and not etsy) and as much fun as doing these blogs!


Had to get back to beading in the evening and started doing these bracelets. In March Ling-Yen is having a "Flower Power" show at the old Point Arena Arts Gallery and (I think) all the items have to have something to do with flowers. I have lots of necklaces done in the daisy stitch so thought I would add some bracelets to the mix. Had gotten these toggle clasps at Oriental Trading Co. Other years I had ordered many of them and then recently re-ordered them. To my surprise, and against all tradition, the newer clasps are much more solidly made with far better craftsmanship but I think the price was the same. This really excites me - a person who made the design saw later where it was lacking and redid it. This feels like the way I would work.