Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I thought I was done for the day with this when I walked through the studio and found that yesterday I had also finished these pieces. It was searching for the crystals for these that got me started on the stringing path. The drops here below are a deeper shade of yellow than the photo is showing.
The reason for the slide on the necklace below is because I ran out of the hex cut in #8s and thought I had more but they were #6s. The strand was not long enough to knot so I made the slide out of the #6s.



This necklace got two colors because I ran out of the light-green Delicas. So I switched to gold. The hex cuts are the same color but I was delighted with how they too changed color. Had a hard time finding a dangle. None of the drops as in the first necklace matched or even came close. I found these two old ivory (imitation) with some other old beads someone gave me long ago. Again the green is much softer than here. I think I need to slow down and do some color correcting in Photoshop.