Friday, April 20, 2012



I hate to admit it, but it seems to be so: Being rejected by a contest has repercussions in my ability to work. For the last week I have beaded every day, tried to find something that interested me, made some terrible things (flowers with pearl centers; lizards in the palest green and white, a lacing for a necklace that I still cannot connect to the focal point). Then Barbara Fast at the Coast Highway Art Collective asked me to bring into the gallery the beaded teddy bear. Suddenly my drive and inspiration were back on track and in full force. Out in the studio I opened a box of dolls and had enough courage to take this one, the smallest one, and to start beading her body. So far so good and I am very thankful to Barbara for hand up out of the pit! Long may she prosper and may her tribe increase!