Friday, July 15, 2011

The other day, while waiting for the antibiotic to kick in and kill my bronchitis, I saw a special deal on the tutorials at Interweave. Many years ago I had seen a pin on a visitor to Gualala Arts and had tried to make it from my impressions. That resulted in the many brick-stitched flowers that have become such a part of my work and bringing in prizes and Fire Mountain ads. Still what that woman was wearing was much more starfish-like so, in an effort to fulfill that old dream, I sent off for the tutorial. Paying for it and getting it were easy. My dear old printer, however, did not have enough memory to print out all the instructions so I only got this first page of four. However, it seemed enough to get me started on trying these. Yes mine are much skinnier than the photo, but they do look very much like one species of starfish. I think that today I shall try to print out page two and do the decreases as shown in the directions.