Saturday, March 26, 2011



After getting the final rejection from "Beaded Earth" I decided to enter the BeadDreams contest which closes on April 5. Here there was an entry fee of $30 for two entries so I added the "Dragonfly in Amber" necklace to get my money's worth. After just having the snowman rejected it was not easy to toss in money into the gamble in addition to the two month's work and several bead orders, but I still feel it is a good work and just needs someone to recognize it.
I must say the web submission form by BeadDreams was very well made, and very easy to use. They ask for a lot of information, including techniques and materials, but at least I did not have to type in all those Fire Mountain item numbers. The reason I did not enter the necklace in the Fire Mountain contest was because the amber was from Germany, the bead was made by someone not selling through FM and the lampwork beads were made by Debbe and also not a FM product. That is over 50% of the necklace. At least I have found a place to enter it in a contest. I love the idea of a dragonFLY in amber! Wish me luck! This feels so much like gambling! I wish I enjoyed it more.