Tuesday, December 8, 2009


Finally am able to bead again. The first few days were so short! So soon my vision blurred and each bead was only a blob of sparkle. Yesterday I finished this lariat necklace. This one has some of those "new" jade chips from China. They have an onyx-like shine even when they are rough and the warm golden color goes well with my stash of amber and golden beads. Also did another one with the mother of pearl chips and the same beads which also looks good.

I sent three styles of necklaces to the Festival of Trees. All of the ones in this style sold, a few of the short necklaces with chained beads and chips sold and none of the lariat style with a ring sold. So for now I am concentrating on the longer lariat style.

Am doing another one with matt black 8s, bright blue 11s and lapis chips.
Also I am preparing my Fire Mountain order to start my entry in their seed bead contest next spring. It was an idea I had last year and did not have the time to figure it out and make it. I have had enough sitting down days to make sketches this past month so I feel I know how to make it.