Friday, October 30, 2009







Have not been posting much here since the open studio show. I got 12 commissions from that and didn't feel I should be show them off. Got them all done (but one - waiting on an order) so I have gone back to making what pleases me. I had so many chips from ordering the chip promo deals from Fire Mountain so have started a series of these lanyard necklaces (anything to avoid findings!) I love how easy they are to get on and the central hanging interest divides us phat ladies into two acceptable parts!
Here you can see the stitch I used in the crystal contest entry. In the narrow parts it is done plain and with the crystals I added one to each step up. Here however, I used two chips per step - partly because I had so many, but mostly because I love the chunkier look.
Bambi had sent the round green donut from her visit as my personal shopper to the Moab Rock and Gem Show. When I saw it I thought, "I'll never find a use for that." and now it is the first thing I have used! Good she shopped for me or I never would have bought it! Thanks kid!