Saturday, January 14, 2012




I had decided to give up doing these stars because the joint in my thumb is swollen and hot from the pressure of pushing the needle through the leather, but I got the idea of putting in a heart and suddenly I wanted to do more. I love this idea. A Valentine's Day gift one can wear all year! Every one is a STAR!
Today I am investigating some 5 mm thick felt with the hope that it would be easier to push through that, but the price is holding me back - $41.00 for 1/4 a yard and only 36 inches wide. It is 100% wool which I do not really need so I have a message out to another company to see if I can get what I need at a price in my range. Was surprised that Fire Mountain did not sell ultra-suade. I think my thumb is glad for that bit of news.


Hi Lori! She got so many sign-ups for her bead hop she is visiting blogs to see who is serious enough to be allowed in. Hi, Lori. do you see my hand waving at you? There is also a swap of jewely on Etsy and I have also signed up there. That one is for finished pieces containing no more than $10 worth of materials - entirely different concept than Lori's.