Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tried to get a better photo of the embellished twigs. Was able to add a couple of the peyote stitch patches yesterday and am loving how the beads look on the branches and how the branches look with coverings of beads. Am telling myself I need to complete all the small twigs before I begin to tie them to the big branch. But I am terribly eager to see if I can do it and how that will look.
At the moment I am making each 'clump' of twigs a different color - silver, blues and greens so far - and am thinking of doing the big clump all in silver white. There is a voice in me that wants to hang in it some of my crystals left over from other jobs, but it may be over the top with glitter. Still I am open to gooping the work to the max.
Got a call from the new manager of The Dolphin, the artists' co-op in Gualala, who wants to see more of my beaded jewelry. Plan to go see her tomorrow. She is taking Helen Klembeck's place so it will be interesting to see what a new 'buyer' makes for her picks.