Friday, February 28, 2014

The best photo has the tip of the dragon's nose cut off. The only glory in this photo is the fact that I found it, got it saved and found it again when I needed to put it in here. Today I am working on "Puffer." Slowly but surely I am finding my way around.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

The dragon is coming closer to finishing. I do like the pink on the spine and almost wish I could keep it that color, but I have already started out with the other color. I quit! Now Hewlett Packard  has a big ad up on my screen and no way to get rid of it.

Monday, February 24, 2014

A good day of beading, and feeling much better, and now the head is done and the first attempt to find a way of expressing  the danger of the spine. I did not want to have to sew the beads directly onto the spine. It gets too hard to insert the needle sideways so I picked this picot because the needle goes in and out at right angles to the fabric. This is the same stitch as one uses to sew on sequins so there is a relationship between the stitches although they look very different whether one is using flat sequins or an #8 bead.
I can also report some progress in managing the photos. I still do not have the process down but I have halved the fumble time! While making progress reports on the computer. . .  I was finally able to open a blank page in Word and type up a document.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

I can blame this bad photo on the computer. I still have to search so much to find anything that by the time I have a bad photo downloaded I am too exasperated to go back to do it again. The dragon, however, is a great joy. Last night I started adding the beads that go over the nose and the red really focusses the sequins. Looking the dragon here, I see I need to do some needle work to remodel the nose - it is too sweet to be breathing fire!

Thursday, February 20, 2014

I am offered so many options to get the photos out of my camera that the job is not going well. I am attempting to get back on my schedule of posting every couple of days, but this fight among programs to serve me has my head swimming. Just when I think I have learned how to manage one thing, six other offers pop up, my dyslexia drops down over me.
Anyhow this little dragon attempts to keep me sane! I want to do his wings in black and have red on the mane. That pretty well describes my mood!

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I am still struggling to get my new computer to work, but I was able to take this photo the other day and today I was able to get my keyboard to work (thank all the computer gods!) I am already about 1/2 done with the new silver dragon. I thought of going to take a photo of it, but am afraid my keyboard will slip out the window while I am gone! I am okay. I am simply trying to keep my sense of humor while going through all these changes!

Thursday, February 6, 2014

I was feeling the rabbit, which is covered with pink beads, looks so orange here but I see in the previous photo it also looked very orange. I liked how the whiskers turned out. I had bought a bunch of #15 needles and they are so breakable that often a new one will break as I thread it. So I began keeping the longer sections to stick through the limp lines of white beads. When I got the needle in I could push the extra length  in to hide it in the animal.

One day when my glasses were bothering me and it was just too hard to see the beads, I cut open a big baby giraffe and a baby one to replace the stuffing. They looked so fat they did not even look like giraffe-like. Then I found a way to tuck in the extra fabric to give them a figure. So above is the tiny one and below if the bigger one. I tried something new on the big one. I finished the ears, feet and horns, and mane and then I started the rest of the skin. I don't know how much time this system saved me, but I certainly liked looking at the animal that seemed to becoming one.

When I get this one done I will photograph it beside the tiny one so you can see the difference.